Happy Thanksgiving! I wanted to let all of you know that I am grateful for you. I truly appreciate you taking the time to read my weekly emails/blog posts. My goal is to help as many people as I can to live a healthier lifestyle. I know that the holidays can be a stressful time and sometimes that means your health can take a toll. This next month, I challenge you to make you and your health a priority during the holiday season. Be thankful for your health, make it a priority, create a plan and stick to it so you can be healthy and be present with your family and friends this year.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Find a routine and stick with it. Set a bed time, set a wake up time, and schedule in time for yourself. A routine will allow you get more done, have more time to relax and save your mental health.
- Do something active every day. This could be as easy as getting out and taking a walk, hitting the gym for a class, strength training or going to the yoga studio.
- Stick to YOUR nutrition plan. Allow yourself grace, but eat in a way that makes you feel good. You don’t want to feel bloated, inflamed or uncomfortable while trying to be social with friends and family.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water. A good rule is to drink ½ your body weight in ounces of water per day. You will want to increase this amount if you are drinking diuretics, such as coffee and alcohol.
- Find balance. Don’t over indulge but don’t deprive yourself.
This year during the holiday season be thankful for your health and make it a priority. You will feel so much better starting the New Year knowing you made yourself and your health a priority.
Jamey, NTP, CPT